New! Offline Viewing on iPhone
Today I’m excited to share a major update to our award-winning iPhone application.
We built Frame.io for iPhone so you can continue the collaboration process from anywhere. We’re now extending those capabilities with offline viewing support. If you’re going to be on a plane or in any situation where your connectivity may be strained, simply make the clip available offline. All offline media can be accessed from a new centralized downloads tab.
In this release we’ve also added:
- Airplay support – stream your Frame.io content to Apple TV or any AirPlay enabled device
- Comment, like/unlike, and mark as “read”
- Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese localizations
Product Roadmap Update & Q/A
Last I heard you raised a bunch of money and this is the first update I’ve seen in a while, what’s up?
In Frame.io’s first year, we released a lot. Hundreds of updates to the web application, a native iPhone app, integrations with Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut, and Slack. As Frame.io continues to scale, we’re continuing to invest in the underlying infrastructure so we can build the next wave of features.This under the hood stuff takes time but it sets us up for success moving forward.
How big is Frame.io now?
Our team is 24 people and we plan on growing to 50 or more in the next 12 months. Over 250,000 video pros are now using Frame.io to collaborate around the world. Consider joining us.
Huh. When is your next big update coming out then?
Frame.io 2.0 is right around the corner and it’s a big one. Many of your most requested features will be included.
What will be included in version 2.0?
- We’re completely revamping the sharing flow to make it easier to get feedback from external clients (no login required). The share links will be highly configurable and include options like automatic expiration.
- New workflow improvements are coming for Final Cut Pro X and Avid Media composer.
- We’re introducing a new labeling and approval system.
- We’re signficantly improving navigation with breadcrumbs and the ability to navigate through project content from the player page.
- We’re making it easier to add collaborators and team members to your projects.
- We’re completely overhauling the account management pages and will be introducing all new roles and permissions for our Frame.io Enterprise product.
These are just a few highlights of the many new features and improvements on the horizon. Frame.io 2.0 is right around the corner and it’s a big one.
What else are you working on?
Frame.io Enterprise is also around the corner. Broadcasters, movie studios, agencies, and large media organizations of all stripes have been using Frame.io in environments with thousands of users. Our upcoming Enterprise product will bring enhanced security, permissioning, and identity access management features.
I’m not an enterprise customer, what’s in it for me?
We have a packed product roadmap over the next 12 months which will bring a host of new features to the core web app, but we’re also working on some bold ideas that may take a bit longer to see. The creative community that I love so much is really underserved by the software industry. Yes we have incredible tools from Adobe, Apple, Blackmagic, and others, but there has been so little innovation when it comes to workflow and collaboration. We’re committed to solving those problems and we’ve only just gotten started.
Emery Wells, CEO